Who are we Aura Foundation?
The Aura Foundation was founded in October 1989. This non-profit organization initially was formed as an association and since 2004 has operated as a private foundation. It pioneered the «Supported Employment» program in Spain by implementing and developing its’ methodology.
The Aura Foundation aims to improve the quality of life of people with intellectual disability by helping to integrate them into society and find them employment using the «Supported Employment» model.
- Commemorating plaque by the Generalitat of Catalonia to mark the 25th anniversary of Aura Foundation ( 2014 )
- Acknowledgement of AESE for promoting the Supported employment in the country. Madrid (2013)
- Award in the Area of disability, Fundació Agrupació Mútua (2009)
- Acknowledgement for 20 years of work, 1st Symposi de Treball amb Suport a Bilbau (2009)
- Award of EcA Caja Madrid: The most long-standing institution applying the Supported Employment (2008)
- Award of Obra Social Caixa Sabadell (2006)
- Award of IMSERSO: Successful employment of people with disabilities (1999)
- Award for Compromise, Rafael de Campalans Foundation (1998)