Who are we Aura Foundation?
The Aura Foundation was founded in October 1989. This non-profit organization initially was formed as an association and since 2004 has operated as a private foundation. It pioneered the «Supported Employment» program in Spain by implementing and developing its’ methodology.
The Aura Foundation aims to improve the quality of life of people with intellectual disability by helping to integrate them into society and find them employment using the «Supported Employment» model.
- Award "World Down Syndrome Day 2019" at the 14th World Down Syndrome Congress (WDSC) in Dubai, United Arab Emirates in November 2020
- Josep M. Piñol Award for the best trajectory in favor of employment (2019)
- Award at the headquarters of the United Nations (UN) in Geneva, Switzerland (2019) li>
- Award as pioneers on "Supported Employment" in Europe at the headquarters of the United Nations (UN) in New York (2018)
- "HUMANA" Award for social and labor inclusion ( 2016 )
- Commemorating plaque by the Generalitat of Catalonia to mark the 25th anniversary of Aura Foundation ( 2014 )
- Acknowledgement of AESE for promoting the Supported employment in the country. Madrid (2013)
- Award in the Area of disability, Fundació Agrupació Mútua (2009)
- Acknowledgement for 20 years of work, 1st Symposi de Treball amb Suport a Bilbau (2009)
- Award of EcA Caja Madrid: The most long-standing institution applying the Supported Employment (2008)
- Award of Obra Social Caixa Sabadell (2006)
- Award of IMSERSO: Successful employment of people with disabilities (1999)
- Award for Compromise, Rafael de Campalans Foundation (1998)